Friday, November 2, 2012

United States Presidential Election


Normally, I don't like politics. And to be honest, I still don't. I think the vast majority of it is a fat load of bull.  (And you have my word that this will be the only annoying pro-voting/ politically geared post I make on my blog. I don't like to be pushy.) BUT this year, I decided to vote. And I've never voted before--in all my 25 years, I never felt informed enough to vote--or strongly enough about any policies to have my vote matter.

But that's just it. One vote DOES matter, and here's why. Read the page I linked to or not, but it's pretty interesting--it's a list of incredible things that came into being by a one vote margin. The ENTIRE WEST COAST of the USA was admitted to the union by a margin of one vote. Most of these deal around one electoral vote, but one individual's vote can still swing everything.

These days, I realize my one vote DOES matter, and that I can't sit silent anymore.

Personally, I'm voting for  Obama. I like what he's done so far, and believe that 4 years isn't enough for this country to see the outcomes of the things he's done for us yet.

Currently, Republicans vastly outweigh Democrats in their funding for political advertisements--which can win or lose a race. If you can, please donate $5 before midnight tonight (Which is the payment deadline for these political ads) If you'd like to do so, you can do so here. You can also donate here. And even once this deadline has passed, you can still help out by voting yourself, and spreading voting awareness!

Whatever you choose to do, voting at ALL is really what is important. You have a voice and a privillage: USE IT.

Anyway, again, I promise this will be the only annoying political post I make, so just ignore this if you like. Either way, if you read this, thanks for reading! (You'll also notice an electoral vote widget at the top of my blog. It'll be gone in a few days in case anyone is wondering!)

xoxo, ashlei

PS: binders

3 comments:

  1. OH GOD I LAUGHED SO HARD AT YOUR PS!!

    I am actually proud to say I have donated to Obama's campaign through Nerds for Obama. I'm really pumped about showing my pride in voting for him! This is actually the first time I am able to vote as well, so I'm really excited. Let's hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha PS:binders. Yea Ive donated already so I keep getting emails for more donations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted for Gary Johnson! :P

    ReplyDelete