Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our new kitten, BOUNTY! June is national ADOPT A CAT month!!


If you've been wondering why I have barely posted to Faltering Bird the past two weeks, there's two reasons! One, because of our week long trip to Las Vegas, (Stay tuned for pics of our trip!!) and two, because just a few days ago we adopted a new kitten into our family. Her name is Bounty! (Named after the iamamiwhoami series of music videos on Youtube)

Initially we were afraid that our small dog, Kibo, wouldn't take to her well. But, he's a very friendly dog, so we went ahead and got the kitten. Turns out...he's OBSESSED with her! He follows her around where ever she goes, licks her face, and whines outside the door of whatever room she's in because he misses her! She seems fairly indifferent to him, but I suppose that's the way it goes with cats. At least she puts up with his barking and licking!



Gahh her little paw is so cute!













She has dopey grey eyes, I love her!




Also have a random picture of Josh & I in a tree from yesterday, because summer is awesome and you should all  go out and climb a tree sometimes!


I've always had cats my whole life, since the day I was born, and it's only been recent that I didn't have any. Having a cat in the house again is really wonderful! We went though a LOT of trouble to get this kitten (With all the feral and homeless animals out there, you'd be surprised how fucking hard it was to find a kitten! That and Craigslist is full of a lot of rude people.) But when it comes down to it, there are a lot of irresponsible people in the world, and because of this, there are a lot of uncared for animals.

Please remember, June is national ADOPT A CAT month! End Petlessness--there's a pet for every man, woman, and child. Adopt one today!


There are many ways you can adopt an animal, including from a shelter or organization, from a friend, from a breeder, or simply coming upon one. There's a big breeder/shelter argument out there, but in the long run, by just obtaining a fuzzy friend, you're making a difference.


Just make sure you have the money to get your animal spayed/neutered before acquiring one, as not having that done is the same irresponsible behavior that creates uncared for animals!


I hope you like my kitty, and I hope if you have room in your life and home for a pet, you'll adopt one this month!!


xoxo, lovelies







7 comments:

  1. Great you stand up for those poor animals and Bounty is the cutest kitten I've ever seen ;)

    Www.creativityandchocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I have such a soft spot for kittens after my mother's cat had her first litter. They are so sweet, and my dog gets along surprisingly well with them! She actually gets belly scratches from the cats, so cute!

    I want to see more photos of Bounty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! i love her eyes :)
    ~niki <3
    http://youngandimmortal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wished I could adopt a kitty, but we already have like 4 cats inside and 5 cats outside that adopted us :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that's so cute! You really are nice!

    Arra
    http://theprincessonthebrink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Kibo is so cute! Maybe Kibo has been wanting a child, ha ha! Congratulations on getting Bounty, she's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I want a Bengal cat!!

    ReplyDelete