Monday, February 20, 2012

Designer feature: Yigal Azrouël

Today I would like to share with you some of my favourite designs from the mind of Yigal Azrouël, an NYC based fashion designer.


I love this item in particular for two reasons: One, it's lambskin, so it's built to last. Secondly, it's versatile! Not only is it a jacket, but the sleeves can be removed to create a vest, for a whole different feel and look! Whenever you can, purchase things that have more than one function--this way, you're always getting the best of both worlds!


Always with a modern freshness, Yigal's "Pastiche Scarf" draws my attention more than any other garment in his ready to wear collection currently. As if the opposite colours are not bold enough, the pattern itself steals your eye away! (I'd love to own this scarf!!)


He is is well known for his feminine designs, and simply stellar draping abilities! (Just look at how delicately this Cashmere Knit top lays, it's wonderful and girly, yet bold and modern!)

Yigal Azrouël garments come highly recommended by me, so check out his website if you get the chance, they're seriously stellar!!

xoxo, ashlei louise




14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these fantastic designs with us! The lines on that jacket are amazing. He's really got an amazing knack for designing garments that flow with the lines of the body.

    Excellent feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!! <3 And I agree! Wish I could own some of his pieces!!

      Thanks for your comment!!

      Delete
  2. I really do like his vibrantly colored scarves. My most favorite piece by him is the Pleated Cashmere and Knit dress. It's simple yet chic and bold. I like how versatile it is; people can wear it to worl/school and out for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they amazing?! I really really want the scarf!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love that scarf! I can't get enough scarves this year it seems, and I'm a sucker for bright colors and patterns. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooo! I really need to buy more. Scarves like the one above are totally a must-have this winter, imo! <3

      And thank you for your comment, Michelle!! <3

      Delete
  4. love the top and the jacket. it looks so comfy but still fashionable. love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jacket is super cool, it looks really comfortable too! <3

      Delete
  5. That jacket is to die for and the vibrancy of that scarf~. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help but want them both! They'd look cool together, too!!

      Thanks for your comment!! <3

      Delete
  6. That sweater looks so good! So soft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the shape of that jacket, I bet it feels like butter <3

    ReplyDelete